In the small town of Tangalle, three kilometers from Villa Don Hendrick, you will find the fishing harbor and some local shops. On Wednesdays and Sundays, you can visit the regional products market. Why not stroll along picturesque beach restaurants or go to the exotic beaches to bathe in the ocean, enjoying the sun. Or go kayaking in the nearby lagoons and discover the unique fauna and flora. If you want to visit the surrounding area, go hiking or go for a ride on the bike, and admire the beautiful nature and the paddy fields. You will probably see buffaloes and herons.
There are many possibilities for daytrips:
– visit the ancient fort of Galle – this is a definite must-see
– make an exciting safari trip at sunrise or sunset in the wildlife parks of Yala or Udewalla
– discover the magnificent waterfalls and the tea and rubber plantations in Ella
– visit the temple of Kataragama
– go bird watching in Bandula National Park
– experience the tropical forest in the Sinhuraja Rainforest
We can arrange the transport for these day trips at affordable rates.